Bellavie MedSpa is a true medical spa – not just a day spa – connected to a major academic medical center.
What does that mean to you?
It means we stand out from most med spas in that our programs are overseen by two medical directors:
- Antonios P. Gasparis, MD, is a renowned vascular surgeon and vein specialist. He also serves as member of the faculty of the Stony Brook University School of Medicine and directs Stony Brook’s Vein Center.
- Sami U. Khan, MD, is a board-certified plastic surgeon and prominent leader in the field of plastic surgery. He also serves as an associate professor of surgery in the Stony Brook University School of Medicine and heads Stony Brook Medicine’s cosmetic surgery program.
It means we maintain hospital-quality hygiene and safety practices – within a serene, ultra-comfortable spa environment. For example:
- Every Bellavie client is screened for a history of allergic reactions and other medical issues, and is informed of the potential risks and side effects of any service.
- All medical supplies/tools are either disposable or autoclaved for sterility.
- All technicians are Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certified.
- An automated external defibrillator (AED) and anaphylaxis kit is on site.
- The staff is trained and drilled in emergency preparedness.
It means all of our staff is certified, credentialed and experienced – most in a hospital setting – in the services they perform. In fact, our Associate Director is a nationally certified and state-licensed physician’s assistant with over 15 years in practice at Stony Brook Medicine.
And because we are connected to Suffolk County’s only academic medical center, you can expect a high level of medical excellence, advanced technology and state-of-the-art services that Stony Brook is known for.
Bottom line: if you’re considering an aesthetic procedure – cosmetic tattooing, Botox, cosmetic vein treatments, medical-grade chemical peels, dermal fillers or lasers – you can feel confident, comfortable and secure choosing Bellavie for your care.